About Christ Church Cathedral
Christ Church Cathedral is a diverse, progressive, intergenerational and LGBTQIA/2S affirming church within the Anglican tradition. In addition to our Church Services, we regularly host performances of all types; from Classical and Sacred Music to Rock and Metal, Spoken Word, Literary Readings, and so much more.
The Cathedral’s mission takes shape in ways as diverse and varied as the individuals who call this place their spiritual home. This is a community that extends its ministry of welcome and inclusion to all who know the brokenness of life, are drawn to Christ, and who seek God in this rapidly changing place and time. The Cathedral is dedicated to becoming a barrier-breaking community of reconciliation.
We consider the following to be core aspects of pursuing the Cathedral vision:
Making our heritage building a place where beauty, reverence and creativity can flourish, in our worship and through music and the arts
Committing faithfully to liturgy
Developing lay and ordained leadership
Growing through welcoming new people into the life of the Cathedral
Answering spiritual and secular calls to reconciliation
Providing a place of nurturing and sustenance, for body, mind and spirit
Embracing LGBTQIA/2S people, their families, and their friends in a positive, safe environment
Welcoming the uncomfortable and the unknown
Accepting the duty and responsibility of being the “City’s Church” and the Cathedral Church of the Diocese of New Westminster
Job Statement: Christ Church Cathedral seeks a contract Financial Assistant to help with general bookkeeping duties.
Start Date: August 20, 2022
Position Title: Financial Assistant
Position Profile: On-site, part-time, contract position consisting of 21-24 hours per week
Remuneration commensurate with experience and qualifications. Starting wage at $23/ hour. No benefits.
Preferred schedule- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, to be discussed and
Reports to: The Financial Administrator and has a support role with the Director of Stewardship & Development.
Commitment Expectation: Minimum 2 years, with a 3-month probationary period
- A minimum of a Grade 12 Diploma and an Associate Degree. Preference to bookkeeping course / certification.
- Thrives in a faith-based community supporting financial duties and church development.
- A working knowledge of bookkeeping and financial accounting procedures for Accounts Receivable and Payable.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks.
- Experience with donation platforms/databases an asset (PayPal, Tithe.ly, PowerChurch, iATS, EFT) or a willingness to learn.
- Comfortable using common office equipment and procedures.
- Consistently exhibits compassion and sensitivity with diverse ages, cultures and genders. In your presence people feel valued, respected, and heard.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and strong organizational and attention to detail skills are necessity for the success of this role.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ready, willing, and able to model the vision, mission, and values of Christ Church Cathedral.
- Accurately completes Accounts Receivable including, but not limited to, recording deposits, journal entries, account and bank reconciliations.
- Works in collaboration with church leaders to create cost summaries for funerals, memorials, weddings, catering, room rentals, concerts and events.
- Timely updates accurate year-end entries and completes preparation for annual audit review.
- Accurately completes Accounts Payable duties including, but not limited to, generating cheques, data entry, arranging signing officers, payment distributions and digital record keeping.
- Accurately maintains donation tax receipting including, but not limited to, follow up with donors, issuing of tax receipts, processing credit card donations and preparation of annual consolidated gift receipts.
- Performing data entry of gift records into database weekly, including reconciling the recurring monthly offering from donation platforms.
- Maintains timely general emails to customers, suppliers and clients.
- Compliance Requirements:
Completion of Safe Church and Dismantling Racism workshops within 90 days of employment
Criminal record, with Vulnerable Sector Check
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and coverletter to Adam Hartsock, Director of Stewardship & Development at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be taken until the position is filled.