I am a leadership coach and facilitator. I study, work and teach in human creativity and development related to strategic thinking, the future, teamwork, leadership, and governance. I started my professional life as an actor and commercial voice over performer, have worked as a doorman, call centre operator, trainer, and human resources executive. My work now as coach and facilitator takes me across North America working with executive teams and managers, working with organizations as diverse as Microsoft and Intel at one end, and at the other end, small NGOs dedicated to reducing poverty.
I spend my time between an apartment here in Vancouver and a house in Gibsons, when I am not on an airplane or hotel room.
What I do here
My ministry is inspired by the story of the Road to Emmaus (Luke 24:13-25). The couple on that journey encounter Christ in;
- an everyday kind of journey,
- in the midst of dialogue,
- in a challenging and difficult time
I have been exercising ministry as a Deacon since 2004. Throughout that time I have gained in my appreciation of the value in conversation “on the way.” I continue to be drawn to people in the midst of professional work lives and observe a desire in so many to “go deeper”.
My ministry here at Christ Church Cathedral includes:
- Pastoral care; coaching, planned and spontaneous conversations, providing support for people in discernment for next steps in career and career development, visiting people in palliative and hospice care.
- Facilitation; supporting the work of a number of ministries within the communities of Christ Church Cathedral including Conversations4Community, Finding God in…, Safe Church, and Mens’ Breakfast.
- And sharing preaching and Christian education duties with my colleagues
My favourite ‘thing’ is travel. My Dad was an executive with Air Canada and so I have been fortunate enough to travel often since before I could remember. And to this day, there is a small boy inside me who gets excited on the airside of security at an airport. I am therefore a bit of an airplane nerd, and proud of it.
Contact me about
- Pastoral conversations
- Career transition and workplace challenges/opportunities
- Exploring how to live and work as a person of faith in a secular world