Annual General Vestry Meeting via Zoom
Wednesday February 24, 2021 at 7pm
This is your invitation to participate in the Cathedral’s Annual General Meeting (Vestry) on Wednesday February 24, 2021 at 7pm.
Canons (laws) of the Anglican Diocese of New Westminster state that all baptized persons age 15 or over who are accustomed worshipers within the parish, and whose names have been on the membership roll of the parish for at least the three months preceding the vestry meeting, are eligible to vote at the Vestry meeting If you are not certain of whether or not your name is on the membership roll, please contact the Dean’s Assistant for Administration, Vincent Carey firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.682.3848, ext. 34. This year’s Vestry Meeting will take place on Zoom. Please register here. A few hours prior to the meeting, you will receive the link to attend the meeting.
At this year’s meeting the agenda will include the following items:
• Opening Prayer, Approval of Agenda, Appointment of Vestry Clerk
• Minutes of Vestry (February 23, 2020)
• Presentation of the 2020 Annual Report and 2020 in review
• Report of the Nominating Committee
• Elections (if necessary)
• Receive and affirm the names of the Administrators of Holy Communion
• Adoption of Audited Financial Statements 2020, Appointment of 2021 Auditor
• Presentation and Adoption of Budget 2021
• Resolutions (must be have been received in writing, by mail, at the Cathedral Office (690 Burrard Street, Vancouver BC V6C 2L1) by 10am on January 29, 2021.
Digital copies of the Guide to Vestry and the Annual Report is available below.
Please make every effort to attend this Zoom gathering of the congregation on February 24. It is an important time to celebrate the gifts God has given us, review the year past and consider plans to further the mission of God in this place.
On behalf of the Cathedral Wardens and Trustees: Liz McCausland (People’s Warden), Emily Pritchard (Rector’s Warden), Mike den Haan (Associate Warden-Stewardship), Jane Hope (Associate Warden-Hospitality) Tegan Smith (Trustee), Kevin Smith (Trustee), John Ross (Secretary to the Corporation/Vestry Clerk), Cheryl Slusarchuk (Treasurer)
The Very Rev. Christopher A. Pappas PhD, DMin.
Rector & Dean of the Diocese of New Westminster